Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Project 2: Self-Visualization Ideas

Idea No. 1: I will have three slightly different photographs of myself to use in three panels right next to one another. In each panel, I'd photoshop a different setting and clothing onto the photo to completely change it. In the middle I would have the normal photograph with a couple of effects on it, but the outer two photographs would be much more different. I was considering possibly putting myself in a World War II scene for the first photograph, then a futuristic scene for the last one. This project would reflect my imagination and thoughts of me in different positions in life.

Idea No. 2: I will have another three-panel image, yet this time it will look very much like a comic book. My art is so influenced by comic books, considering they are what I first learned art from. I would add in word bubbles, thought bubbles and different effects (there are actually tutorials online on how to do this) to make it look like a real vintage comic book. I feel as though this would reflect my artistic roots as well as describe an important source for my inspiration.

Idea No. 3: I'm not sure if this qualifies as a triptych: My idea is to Have a photograph of me holding a picture frame and then photoshop another photo of me holding a picture frame into the first frame and then do the same a third time. This would be a much more introspective project and would be commenting on the different personalities I exhibit in my life. Obviously, each picture would differ very much to reflect a different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment